Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Saturday Spotlight: The Lost Book Reports


What is Saturday Spotlight? It's where I drag bloggers onto my blog for an interview. It's not part of a hop or any organized event. It's merely a way to feature bloggers and get inside their heads a bit. Like a psych session, but fun.



ABOUT THE BLOG

When did your blog come into existence?
I made my blog in July 2010. Mostly, because I just wanted a random outlet to share my thoughts on the books I was reading. The post were sporadic (31 In total) but it wasn’t until the January 2011 that I discovered that there was actually a blogging community! I started blogging a little more frequently, making a twitter account, interacting with other bloggers and March 2011 is when I decided I was actually going to join the book blogging community and become dedicated to reading and blogging about it.
What makes your blog yours, meaning unique?
That is a tough answer. My blog is still evolving to be “me”. I would say though, that I don’t try to follow exactly what every other blogger is doing. I also like to try new styles and formats of blogging to see if I like it, sometimes I stick with the change, most of the times I don’t. Also, my reviews are always honest. I don’t say I like a book, just because I feel pressure to like it. However, I am not a mean reviewer (at least I don’t think I am) I try to point out positive points in the book, if I can. Also NO spoilers! This can sometimes make my reviews vague and short, but I don’t want to ruin the surprise! I guess, I can’t just pinpoint one thing that is just uniquely me about the blog, besides that it is my blog and that I try not to conform to whatever is the way other bloggers format their blog.

ABOUT THE BLOGGER

How did the blog-bug bite (why did you start blogging)?
I kind of answered this in question 1. At the time in 2010 I was in school and not working, so I had free time to start picking reading back up. I had another personal blog I was writing, but it was just for venting. So, I wanted to do the same with the books I was reading. I mean, My husband isn’t a reader, neither are my friends, so they weren’t really interested to hear about a book I was reading. So, I just made the blog to put my feelings out there. Not really caring if anyone but my Mom read them. Then, like I said I found the book blogging community and become enthralled, that there were people who cared and read blogs like mine, so I began doing it more often.
Which book review of yours are you particularly proud of?

Because, I didn’t want to give it a “negative” review. She is someone I look up to and I really wanted to love her book. So, to actually say how I felt about this book was harder for me, then most books. 
Is there a blog(s) that inspired you/still inspires you?
Off the top of my head. Jamie’s blog The Perpetual Page-Turner and The Makeshift Bookmark although, it is no longer a blog. However, there are so many blogs that inspire me daily.
Five books everyone should read:
  1. The Book Thief By Marcus Zusak
  2. If I Stay By Gayle Forman
  3. Harry Potter & The Sorceror’s Stone By J.K. Rowling
  4. Paper Towns By John Green
  5. What Remains By Carole Radziwill
3 out 5 of these books will require tissues.

ABOUT THE GAL

What got you into reading?
My Grandma would make me read with her constantly and I would pick books up at the library from a young age, but of course for me it was the moment I picked up Harry Potter.
What is your ideal reading spot?
Any place comfy and quiet
What are three things people may not know about you?
  1. I am quite open about random facts, but you wouldn’t know I suffer from Mesophonia. In other words I cannot stand the sound of people chewing, mainly in quiet enclosed places. Seriously. If we are in a waiting room, and you are the only person ravages an apple. I swear I will cut you. At least with my glare.
  2. I am highly competitive. 
  3. I am pretty darn good at most console games.. but I don’t know how to play. It drives my husband and other guys I play crazy.
Which Hogwarts House would you be sorted into, and why?
According to Pottermore I am a Hufflepuff. I don’t really know why, but I do wish I was Gryffindor. As I am sure we all do… I am very loyal and red is my favorite color.
Your fictional boyfriend is:
Adam Wilde. Always and forever. He is just so damn sexy and geeky and sensitive and badass all in one. I just can’t even take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment