Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Follow Friday (50)


Q: What are you favorite books of 2014 so far?

A: Very, very first thing that comes to mind is The Agency series by Y.S. Lee.  (Thanks, Liz!  I might've held out reading book two if it hadn't been for you, darlin.)

Very, very second thing that comes to mind is Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride because, as I truthfully stated in my review, Sam is the kinda guy that I would love to have as my boyfriend but he is definitely way too cute and way to powerful to actually be my boyfriend.  (It would undoubtedly be an unbalanced relationship and I've read Twilight so I know how those relationships end up.)

Couple of ties for third:
  • Fall of a Kingdom by Hilari Bell.  Why did I wait so long to read this series?  I realize that I bear striking characteristics of masochism but this is an extreme case.  Now that I am no longer deprived of this book's awesomeness, I can't think of how I went so long without it!
  • Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi.  The third and final book in the Under the Never Sky trilogy, and you can well imagine how heart-bendingly tragic final books can be.  This one was crazy and awesome all at once.
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.  Though I didn't love it enough to keep it on my shelves (would anyone like my copy?  Just cover shipping and it's all yours in its like-new paperback glory.), it was a fantastic book that got me out of my then-reading slump.
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment